Sunday, May 3, 2009

The fire.

The fire is something which drives Indians like me. Typically in life you want to certain things in life. Those things are usually more than one. Some are crazy and some are impossible for that time frame. Some you want to do out of whim , some you want to do because your friend is into it and some you want to do it because you think it will make u cool. But usually you don't pursue anything in life seriously. You just take up things that are inline with your environment at that particular time in your life. Say you take up engineering because its the time to do so.

But a time comes in your life when you are struck by a lightening. It just wakes you up. You have the same feeling which you will have when you wake up at 9 in the morning and realize that you have a meeting in your office at ... 830 . You have been sleeping. Its already late. Better late than never. This is the fire. remember this is not the passion. This is a realization that you are at the worng place doing wrong stuff. This fire may be fuelled by your passion for something. Suppose you always liked to paint. One day at the age of 30 you realize that though you have a rocking lifestyle its not what you should be doing. Then you pull up your socks and start doing it.

It does not mean that it will put an end to what you are doing. It will ask for a superfocussed effort from you to go towards what you want to become. Your list of priorities are so sorted out that the list is no longer a list. Its just one thing. At that time you will not care what your peers say. you will not care what the common sense says. The world starts becoming a movie where You are the director and you take things into your control.

I have been in this situation once when I was in engineering . I just wanted to change my life and put my career on track. The fire was so intense that I got right to the top from down the drains.
Life has become a drag once again due to my habits and karma. I am waiting for another awakening.As a piece of coal does not burn twice, I dont know whether the fire will work for me again. But I am not a piece of coal either, that I know for sure ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment